Once a preferred alternative therapy option for a limited group, pregnancy massage has gained a lot of popularity among pregnant women over the past few years. It is now considered as an effective method for reducing pain and discomfort associated with pregnancy and preparing the body for the task of labour.
At a time when your body is going through a lot of physical and emotional changes, a pregnancy massage from an experienced massage therapist can offer you both physical and mental health benefits. It is perfectly safe and is aimed at alleviating all the aches and pains related to pregnancy. Experienced pregnancy massage therapists in Melbourne choose only the safest techniques to ensure you get a treatment according to the specific needs of your pregnant body.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
Although massage in general offers various health benefits, pregnancy massage, in particular, is beneficial to women who are pregnant because of the added stress to the body and mind, let’s have a look at how you can benefit from a pregnancy massage:
- When offered by an experienced massage therapist, pregnancy massage can greatly reduce the level of stress hormones present within a pregnant woman’s body, leading to a reduction in anxiety and depression.
- When performed by an experienced massage therapist, it can alleviate everyday discomforts associated with pregnancy such as swelling of ankle and feet, heaviness in pelvic bones, leg cramps, aching neck, and joint pain.
- Pregnancy massage increases blood circulation and improves digestion.
- It can also improve the progression of labour.
- Pregnancy massage also rejuvenates the energy levels in a pregnant women’s body as it offers them an opportunity to completely relax.
Before visiting our Melbourne pregnancy massage clinic, you should always consult your doctor about having a prenatal massage. There are some rare instances where massage is contraindicated.
Melbourne Combined Natural Therapies
03 9645 9923