For many women, trimester two is the most exciting and comfortable time of their pregnancy, with welcome relief from symptoms experienced in trimester one and the first movements of their baby. Mothers may start to feel reduced breast tenderness, less nauseous, less fatigued and more energy, pregnancy hormones are naturally at work to help combat stress and help mothers feel more relaxed. Pregnancy massage received during this time not only helps to maintain general well-being, it most importantly helps to further balance these pregnancy hormones.
Over the next three months mothers can expect to see great changes to their growing baby and experience more pronounced changes in their physical appearance. Receiving pregnancy massage during Trimester Two can be highly beneficial, assisting an easier transition to the structural changes in the body that accommodates the growth of the baby. As the body adapts to the increase in weight and changes to the centre gravity, good posture can become undermined and have the potential to cause pain and discomfort in the muscles and joints.
Pregnancy and Massage – Things We Can Help With:
- Neck, shoulder, and upper back pain due to an increased forward head posture and rounding of the shoulders
- Rib cage pain due to flaring of the ribs to support the growth of the belly and the elevation of the diaphragm
- Pain or discomfort in the lower back and pelvic joints from an uneven weight distribution from front to back
- Pelvic girdle pain due to dysfunction or excessive movement of the pubic symphysis fromt the weight of the uterus
- Round ligament pain that is usually one sided from the stretching of this ligament as the uterus increases in weight and size
Including regular pregnancy massage as part of your pre-natal health care can help to reduce any pain and discomfort and help to reduce the impact of these changes on the muscles and joints. Your pregnancy massage therapist can also assist you by providing breathing techniques and postural advice to prepare the body for further changes heading into trimester three.
Pregnancy and Massage | Remedial Massage
03 9645 9923
Remedial Massage Melbourne