At Melbourne Natural Therapies, we provide both traditional (flame) and vacuum (piston) myofascial cupping in conjunction with remedial massage.
Myofascial cupping or ‘cupping’ is a form of myofascial release, which aims to restore optimum function to all soft tissues. Unlike traditional manual forms of myofascial release, such as massage, which utilise compression to reduce tension and lengthen muscle fibres, cupping uses negative pressure or decompression techniques within a glass or plastic cup, to lift, separate and stretch connective tissue (fascia) and muscle tissue.
As the role of fascia, and its importance to the functioning of muscles and the body as a whole is becoming more widely understood, so too is the need for an adequate assessment of musculoskeletal dysfunction, and soft tissue treatment techniques.
Some of the many benefits of cupping include:
- Passively stretching tissue assisting increased range of motion of joints
- Increases nutrient-rich blood supply
- Increases fluid movement thereby reducing edema
- Assists the reduction of adhesions/knots within muscle fibres
- Increases hydration of connective and muscle tissue
- Lengthens and separates muscle and connective tissues
- Assists the prevention of soft tissue injury
- Supports the central nervous and autonomic nervous systems
- Increases recovery from injury
- Maintains soft tissue functionality
At Melbourne Natural Therapies, our qualified and experienced remedial massage therapists utilise a range of cupping techniques in conjunction with remedial massage and/or myotherapy, in order to provide treatments that are both highly effective, safe and tailored to your needs.
If you would like to incorporate cupping into your next remedial massage or myotherapy appointment in Melbourne, give us a call or book online.
Cupping is available at both Southbank and Collins Street CBD clinic locations.
Melbourne Combined Natural Therapies
Remedial Massage | Myotherapy
03 9645 9923